Sunday, August 22, 2021

Denver, Aug. 2021

On Friday, July 30, I completed my last day of work at the Carolina Center for Public Service and then went straight from the office to the airport. Denver or bust, baby!




I was there visiting one of my favorite people, Brooke Eller: my bff from my college semester abroad in Pamplona, Spain. 

We started our weekend with a HIIT workout at Brooke's gym, after which we made and ate a delicious veggie egg scramble. Then Brooke went to get a covid test (long story, but it was negative) while I worked on activating my GPS device for check-ins and emergency SOS signaling (happily, turned out not to be needed) on my upcoming hikes. 

Prepping my first-aid kit! 


Then we biked to REI so I could stock up on a few items I still needed for the trip. It was a lovely bike ride, even if the massive Denver REI was a bit overwhelming. Brooke and I both ended up finding some good deals in the clearance/garage sale section and I spent way too much money for someone who'd just received her last paycheck for a while. 


That evening, Brooke made pad thai for me and her gf Meg. 


Then our friend Kemper came! And focused most of her attention on Meg's dog. 


Laini arrived in Denver late that night and stayed with me at Brooke's house. The next morning, Kemper kindly drove me and Laini to the airport for [drumroll] our flight to Kalispell, Montana! 

No comments:

Post a Comment