Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Summer Snapshots; or, The Things I Eat

cucumber soup! 
farmers market salad: my favorite!
I went to a Christmas-in-July party because I'm ~fun~ like that

Jack presented his summer research at UNC! 

my favorite kind of dinner: vegetarian boat bites at Lake Gaston

I contributed this roasted cauli, which I bought at the local Piggly Wiggly for only $1!!! I only had to cut a few dark spots out. What a win! 

Lake Gaston sunset: the best kind of sunset.


Did you know a clafoutis without cherries is actually a flaugnarde? I made this one with peaches from the Carrboro Farmers Market.

seared and roasted fairytale eggplant with quick-pickled hot peppers and tangy cashew spread

steamed sweet potato with tahini butter and toasted sesame; and homemade buttermilk flatbread with herbed chickpeas, tangy feta sauce, and falafel-spiced tomatoes

My breakfast most mornings (except I also dump pecans and honey on top of the pretty fruit).

No comments:

Post a Comment