Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Weekend in Nashville

This past weekend I returned to the place of my birth, and my home for two recent years. It was a lovely weekend with some people whom I like very much.

I stayed with my most favorite people, Lisa and Jim, and I brought them hospitality gifts I was VERY excited about:

A short science book for Jim, who loves science and reading but is very busy. And handmade bird's nest earrings for Lisa, who loves bird nests and artsy jewelry! 

I was obsessed with these. I hope she liked them as much as I did :) 
I landed around 8:30pm on Friday night. Lisa and Jim picked me up at the airport and we drove straight to our favorite restaurant, Tánsuŏ. 



The next day, we all went running because the air was delightfully crisp. I ran the Centennial Park loop. Then we drove together to the Richland Park Farmers Market, where my friend Caroline sells produce. Later I snagged a quick lunch at my favorite bakery, Dozen:
grilled peach tartine with crème fraiche, oat granola, and thyme honey. chilled fennel soup with Calabrian chili oil

Then I went hiking at Percy Warner with my long-lost godmother Beth. We've been out of touch for 10 years, so we had (and still have) a lot to catch up on.

That evening, Jim, Lisa, and I joined Caroline and some other friends at the Wedgewood-Houston Art Crawl. The sky was incredible.





I am one with the art.
 The next morning, Jim made me coffee.

And Lisa made us asparagus eggs benedict and sweet potato hash browns.

After church, Lisa and I went shopping. I bought a fabulous white romper, and Lisa bought a fabulous rust-colored velvet top. Quite successful.

Then I walked around Centennial with my old roommate Hanifah, who I found out is ENGAGED. Then I took a nap.

That evening, I got dinner with my friend Diana (with whom I launched the Middle Tennessee chapter of Slow Food, along with Caroline). We went to Folk, a new restaurant in East Nashville owned by the chef of a restaurant I used to work at.

shishito peppers with xo and lime 
new potatoes, celery pesto, soft boiled egg, boquerones


I recently got an app called One Second Every Day, which is supposed to have me record a one-second video each day. At the end, the app stitches all the videos together for your nostalgic pleasure. I keep forgetting to record my important moments, but this past weekend I did a decent job. That explains all the videos in this blog post, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment