Thursday, June 20, 2019

Olympic Day Four: Rialto Beach

This is undoubtedly another too-long post. The morning after my long hike to and from the glacier, I spent a relaxed morning exploring Rialto Beach, home of the locally-famous Split Rock and Hole-in-the-Wall.

I moseyed 1.5 miles down the beach to Hole-in-the-Wall and back, snapping photos the whole way. I especially had fun exploring the tide pools!




fellow tourists for scale
They kindly took my photo with this awesome tree
Me trying to warn them the ocean was about to swamp them (it did). 








Split Rock
Hole-in-the-Wall!






Inside Hole-in-the-Wall

Split Rock (can you tell?)

Did this tree grow here? 



I spy with my little eye...




leading lines 
I loved the stark contrast of the white surf against the black sand.




No comments:

Post a Comment