Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Oregon! Part I: Sisters

Before I know I'd be getting a new job, I planned a four-day weekend over Memorial Day to visit my friend Lane in Oregon. Last fall, Lane bought a bookstore in a small town in central Oregon called Sisters. It was super fun to see him thriving in his new life out west!

On my drive from Portland to Sisters, I stopped at Lake Trillium for a short hike. 
The landscape was gorgeous!

I was amazed by this canyon that I drove into.

Cool rock formations!
Fry bread sold on the side of the road!

Gorgeous mountain range!

I love that I accidentally took a photo of this dead raccoon.

Lane and his bookstore!!!

After Lane showed me around Sisters, we spent the evening in Bend (a larger nearby town)—eating at a little outdoor food truck area and then drinking at bars/breweries nearby. The next morning, it was raining in Sisters so (over coffee and breakfast sandwiches in the cafe across from the bookstore) we planned a camping trip on the Oregon coast.

Details in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment