Friday, September 3, 2021

Glacier Day 6

Final photo dump from this trip! On our last full day in the park, Laini rested and journaled while I did some day hikes to see waterfalls and St Mary Lake. 

I love waking up to views like this.


Can you see the waterfall? Below is a closer crop...

See the waterfall near the center of this photo? I hiked there before hiking to the other side of the lake for this photo :) 





I saw a moose! It was verrryyyy far away.


These are called Fireweed because they grow on burned areas.
~still life~







It was pouring rain the next morning. We packed up in the rain and then hiked 1.5 miles uphill to the road, where we caught a shuttle back to Apgar. Long story short, our reserved shuttle back to the airport completely forgot us, so we hitched a ride with a ranger who was headed out to pick up a friend. I missed my flight but Laini just barely caught hers. I was settling in for a long, uncomfortable, damp night at the airport when my sister Janie came through with a Kalispell connection who picked me up, drove me to her house, and set me up with her wonderfully giant laundry room, kitchen complete with fresh veggies from the garden, a long hot shower, a bathrobe to wear while my clothes were washing, and a very comfortable bed. I was in heaven. The best part was being able to dry out all my gear before repacking it for my flight the next morning. They even let me drive their car back to the airport! Incredible generosity and hospitality for which I couldn't have been more grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment