Friday, May 24, 2024

May 15: Ubud!

 A day of temples and art! Brace yourself for 35 photos of that. But first, I facetimed my cutie gf.

sleepy brina, morning sunshine caro

this behind-the-ear flower motif reminded me of Caesar (rest in power). iykyk.




spiral leaves!







it's a Balinese tradition to make daily offerings of gratitude, put outside your door each morning

we liked this art museum mostly for the peaceful gardens

this lil guy is aspirationally called "Leaping Deer"

Per the placard, this depicts a story about a king who made a priest give him his cow, which pissed off the cow so much he mauled the king! Lesson learned!

some happy singing/dancing birds

did u kno that ur breasts could double as a pillows?? try it sometime


I liked how this "mask" followed the contours of the wood











we loved this little nature walk on the edge of town which gave us a reprieve from the exhaust fumes of the city (the temples were nice for the same reason)

I swang on this swing for USD$6. felt like tarzan, 100p worth it.

they made us wear this getup in this temple for no apparent reason. we asked, it was not optional.

didn't love it

what if we ... cuddled on the purple bean bag at the ubud water temple??

After all the walking around and sight-seeing, we watched an elaborate (and long) dance show involving giant puppets and live music! My phone died, so Hayley has all the photos from that. At the moment I can't remember if I have photos on my big camera, but I'll do a separate upload of those whenever I get a chance to go through them...

Next up: MONKEYS!

1 comment:

  1. Always a good night when I can ft my morning sunshine gf 😘

    ReplyDelete