Friday, July 5, 2024

June 7: walking eating boating shopping

First things first: the beautiful breakfast:


A random sign I saw on the sidewalk:
We're Present: Happy Cheese Lovers! Top of Cloud. Peach Kiss. aaaand the fan favorite, Duck Shit!

Laini and I realized it was much more pleasant to walk along the quiet canals of Bangkok rather than the trafficky streets.

not sure what was happening here. Compost sorting?

pretty gate and flowers

we found a park!

tree growing from canal concrete

After walking in the oppressive heat with Laini for about an hour, I retreated to the air-conditioned hotel restaurant where I'd found the beautiful pancakes that morning. I worked on my blog while sipping iced coffee and eating (ofc) pad thai :)

They had one of my favorite iterations of mango sticky rice, topped with a scoop of coconut ice cream ðŸ˜‹

Then Laini and I took a boat to a shopping area called Asiatique

river views


Asiatique: ALL DAY EVERYDAY HAPPINESS. Experience at the Largest Riverside Lifestyle Tourist Landmark in Thailand!

yummy dinner

some incredible sounding foods: glutinous rice eggs! Kung Fu Bullwhip! Flavored hairy crab!!

We did some light shopping at Asiatique (I bought some tiny flower earrings) and then took the boat back to our homestay. Laini packed up her belongings and then headed to the airport for her 2am (!!) flight back to the US, while I stayed in Bangkok for two more days. Museum time, coming right up!

No comments:

Post a Comment