Friday, July 5, 2024

June 9: Museums, spa time, and art

Not the most delicious, but possibly the most intriguing breakfast of my trip. Provided by a woman who worked at my homestay. She was always there cleaning and I worried about her hours and pay :/

My first stop of the day was a museum filled with Thai historical artifacts. My favorite part was the inlaid mother-of-pearl. I learned that different Asian cultures each have their own way of making inlaid mother-of-pearl!


Thai aesthetic is very grand and ornate, and always includes gold.

elephant tail-hair decorations ðŸ¥º

I wanted so badly to press the button...

pretty

pretty and giant

museum mirror selfie

museum architecture

sweet and sour veggies for lunch yummm

I really really appreciated this woman's soft-serve tattoo

I spent the afternoon doing some self-care, including a wax (not pictured), a pedicure (pictured below), and a massage (not pictured).

the pedicurist scraped about two pounds of dead skin off my feet ðŸ˜ƒ 

she also took before-and-after photos to document the dramatic transformation

🥺

My final stop of the day was a contemporary art center set up like a big mall, with lots of different kinds of art on display, including some local student art. It was clearly a hip place to be hanging out!



On the way back to my homestay, my cab driver left me in the car while he went into a gas station. Weird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment