Wednesday, June 5, 2024

May 28: travel day

This day involved me getting from Hue to Cat Ba Island. I took a cab to a plane to another cab to a bus to a boat to another bus, which dropped me off at my hotel for the night. I arrived around 6pm but was too tired to do anything except order some banana pancakes for dinner, FaceTime Brina, and watch Bridgerton. 

Highlights included my 2h pit stop in Hanoi, where I had a top-notch lunch and found a Harry Potter cafe ðŸ¤ª

I ordered two things but the owner kept bringing out complimentary dishes, like this broth and the tofu dish!

very yummy fake meat - maybe seitan?

the dishes kept multiplying. it was all wonderfully delicious.

Next up: Diagon Alley!





I ordered an apricot sorbet drink called Felix Felicis, which was delicious and certainly brought me good luck on the rest of my travels. 

I then gave the cafe a five-star rating on Google in order to earn this incredible Deathly Hallows necklace!!!! New prized possession:


Now get ready for some real good content coming up, because the next two days were a major highlight of my trip so far :)

2 comments:

  1. Dying at the framed picture of Emma Watson just hanging out by itself on the wall

    ReplyDelete