Sunday, June 9, 2024

May 30: Ha Long Bay!

I woke up at 5am to watch the sunrise, but alas it was a very cloudy morning. So I went back to bed until breakfast, which was at 8am.


crepes and fruit and toast and coffee!

this is how Vietnamese people traditionally brew coffee!

view out my bedroom windows 😍





Another kayaking outing! more lagoon caves!




this jellyfish stings, according to Hang




the only photo I thought to take with myself in it the whole time! I regret not getting one from the boat.

veggie lunch

the fish-eaters' lunch

After lunch, our boat returned to Cat Ba Island, where I caught an afternoon bus back to Hanoi.

this puppy (at the port) represents me, trying desperately to escape the heat and humidity

We drove into a heavy rainstorm in Hanoi. The streets seemed flooded! 

2 comments: